Vitters Adèle at Royal Huisman for refit
Adèle has arrived at Royal Huisman for a major refit.
The 55 metre ketch was designed by Vitters in 2005 and is now taking advantage of Huisfit – Royal Huisman’s superyacht refit, repair and renewal program.
Adèle’s refit will include:
- Servicing and overhaul of propulsion, gensets, thrusters and various board systems
- Climate control update incl. new chiller, fancoils and ducting
- Replacement of batteries
- Replacement of various existing lights with LEDs
- Upgrade and replacement of various electronics (nav, com, alarm and monitoring)
- Interior touch-ups and repairs
- New teak deck and partial replacement of the caprail
- Servicing of hatches, winches and various deck equipment
- Painting of inside of hull and parts of the interior
- Repaint/varnish of the hull, superstructures and rig
Adèle is the first yacht to enter the expanded refit hall since the capacity of this hall and the neighboring climate-controlled paint hall was increased last summer.
The extensions prepare the way to increase the workflow between construction and finishing on yachts of up to 90m / 300ft in one hall and up to 60m / 200ft in another three.
Both paint halls are fitted with high intensity lighting, air flow, temperature and humidity controls that exceed the stringent requirements of all the major paint manufacturers.