18 luxury yachts to compete at Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards
Next week’s Monaco Yacht Show will feature the Superyacht Awards, in which 18 yachts will compete for top honours.
Final preparations are underway for the sixth Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards, which will pit 18 superyachts of more than 40 metres against each other.
To qualify for the competition, the luxury yachts must be new-built and delivered last year. Judging the superyachts will take place the day before the show opens on September 24th.
The winners will be revealed on the first day of the Monaco Yacht Show September 25th. The prize-winning superyachts will be exhibited in Port Hercules, among the 44 new builds and 125 superyachts on display at the show.
Bennetti, Damen and Ferretti Group
Shipyards represented in the competition include industry-leading firms, such as: Amels, Benetti, Damen and Ferretti Group.
The candidate superyachts range in size from the 41.8-metre Navetta 42, from the Ferretti Group, to the 111-metre Tis from Lürssen. Read the full list of shortlisted superyachts below.
The awards are divided into four categories and competition is staged by the Organising Committee of the Monaco Yacht Show, represented by Gaëlle Tallarida, show managing director.
More than 125 superyachts
Set in Port Hercules in the principality of Monaco, this year’s show features more than 125 superyachts built by the world’s leading shipyards and welcomes leaders from the yachting industry. Over 600 companies and partners will be exhibiting at this year’s event.
In addition to shipyards, the should will include key industry influencers from the most reputable superyacht builders, award-winning yacht designers, luxury suppliers and brokerage houses. Also represented at the event will be latest designs of water toys, prestige cars, helicopter and private jet manufacturers.
Meanwhile, Superyacht Investor will be dockside and aboard the biggest superyachts in Port Hercules to report all the latest news and views online and via Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Monaco Yacht Show takes place between September 25th and 28th.
Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards: the shortlist
1. Attila, 64 metres. Shipyard: Sanlorenzo
2. Aurora Borealis, 67 metres. Shipyard: Amels
3. Bintador, 49.9 metre. shipyard: Tankoa Yachts
4. Bold, 85 metres. Shipyard: Silveryachts
5. CRN 135, 79 metres. Shipyard: CRN
6. Dragon, 79.5 metres. Shipyard: Columbus Yachts
7. DreAMBoat, 90 metres. Shipyard: Oceanco
8. Excellence, 79.95 metres. Shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen
9. Here comes the sun, 83 metres. Shipyard: Amels
10. Joy Rider, 45 metres. Shipyard: Damen
11. Lilium, 47.50 metres. Shipyard Bilgin Yachts
12. Majesty 140, 43.10 metres. Shipyard: Gulf Craft
13. Mangusta Gransport 45, 45 metres. Shipyard: Overmarine
14. Metis, 63 metres. Shipyard: Benetti
15. Navetta 42, 41.8 metres. Shipyard: Customline – Ferretti Group
16. Race, 50 metre. Shipyard: Riva-Ferretti Group
17. Severin°s, 55 metre. Shipyard: Baglietto
18. Tis, 111 metres. Shipyard: Lürssen.